Reporting an Accident

Guidelines for dealing with an incident/ accident

How to respond

  • Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
  • Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries
  • In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, take the injured person to A&E, or call the emergency services (if very urgent and/ or the person is not responding)
  • Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised
  • Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
  • Contact the injured person’s emergency contact (all committee members will have these details)
  • Complete an incident/ accident report form (electronic form below, or there are paper copies in our storage shed at our courts.
  • Inform a member of the committee.

How to record

If you have witnessed or been involved with an incident or accident whilst playing, supporting or participating in the sport in any way under Hinckley Ladies, then we require a form to be filled out to allow us to record the incident. This information will be stored in a secure location.

Click here to submit an incident/ accident form

Alternatively there are paper copies in our storage shed at our home courts.

Who can help?

All captains and committee members should have a list of members who are first-aid trained and so who should be able to help in the event of an accident.

Where to access first aid?

There is a first aid kit and (in case of emergency) a defibrillator in our storage shed at our home ground courts. The rugby club house next to our home ground courts also has further first aid kits and a secondary defibrillator in their club house.