Hinckley Ladies Netball Club is committed to protecting your privacy and this statement sets out how.
Hinckley Ladies Netball Club (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’) will use and protect any information that we collect from you (the ‘data subject’) or that you provide to us.
This statement will be reviewed from time to time and may change as a result of that review. This statement is effective from April 2018.
Data we may collect
We may collect or obtain the following information in relation to your studies with us:
- Contact details of both the member and the person with parental responsibilities for the member;
- Information relating to any medical conditions that would be affected by physical exercise;
- Photographs or video images; photographs and videos may be taken.
- We may keep a copy of any correspondence that you send us;
- Information relating to teams and results.
What will we do with the information that we gather?
Your data will only be used for the purposes indicated when the data is submitted or collected.
We will use your data for the following purposes;
- Internal record keeping.
- To contact you to advise you of information relating to the club, events, training and game information.
- From time to time we may send you information about new events that we believe may be of interest to you;
- As a reputable and responsible club to ensure that we provide an environment in which members can thrive and achieve their full potential;
- To enable us to contact a next of kin in the event that a member becomes unwell or requires serious medical attention;
- To share our successes and news with our wider network. Images may be used to promote the club, through social media, local news, etc.
Disclosure of your data
We will never sell or share your information with a third party for marketing purposes.
We do share your information in the following circumstances;
- With England Netball – we are obliged to affiliate members playing in the leagues and to provide them with information, to include name, address, contact details and date of birth/age (for all U18). There is an optional requirement to provide ethic background and religious belief details.
- Registering players to the league – we are obliged to register all playing members to the relevant league and to provide them with information, to include name, address, contact details, date of birth, headshot photograph, etc.
- Where we are legally obliged to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations, or in order to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our clients or others.
Where we store your data
Hard copies of historical data are held in a secure location with our secretary, which is locked and has restricted access.
Electronic records are held on a standalone PC with appropriate restricted access and electronic procedures. Your information will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Retention of data
We will not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Data will be kept for the duration of each season, and securely destroyed once the next season commences.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data; any such request must be in writing to the Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org), setting out the grounds relating to your situation. In such circumstances we would consider your request and the legitimate grounds for the processing.
Access to information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or the member to whom you have parental responsibilities. Please email our Chair on:
email@example.com for a copy of the procedure, or to make such a request.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information that we hold. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the address listed below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to withdraw your consent
There is legitimate business, and contractual reasons for collating your personal data, however, there may be personal data such as photographs taken that we ask for your consent, or parental consent for under 18s to use either on our website or social media. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Right to complain
Whilst we will always treat your information with respect and take all reasonable steps to keep that information safe, if you are concerned about any aspect of the way in which we control or process your data you may contact us using the details below.
Last updated: 22/07/2019